AFTER HAIR CARE
Please keep in mind that virgin hair extensions are not your natural hair. Although this is virgin human hair and it is attached to your natural hair, but it does not get the same nutrients as your natural hair. Post care is vital to the longevity of the hair extensions. Hair extensions rely on how it is treated externally.
1. Please make sure you co-wash your bundles before install. Conditioning is the most important. Limit use of shampoo.
2. Please allow hair to air dry. When dry apply small amount of Moroccan Argan oil.
3. Treat the luxury hair extensions as if it is your own hair.
4. Apply extensions to dry and clean hair.
5. Our luxury hair is 100% Virgin Hair prior to any coloring process and we recommend co-washing the hair before installation (washing hair with a moisturizing conditioner).
5. Co-Wash the hair BEFORE you make changes to hair (color, perm, etc.).
6. Seal your wefts. Although we take pride in the quality of our hair and the minimal shedding and tangling, we still encourage you to seal your wefts to ensure the longevity of the hair.
7. When shampooing extensions DO NOT rub the hair vigorously, gently run your fingers through the hair.
8. Combing- BE GENTLE. Part your hair into 4 sections. Always use a wide-tooth comb. Start gentle from bottom and work your way up.
9. Do not comb or brush curly hair when dry or it may cause tangling. It is best to let the luxury hair dry naturally.
10. To prevent and remove tangles, always brush your hair from the bottom and work your way to your scalp.
11. Use minimal Products to avoid build up.
12. The less heat the longer the hair will last. Use generously.
13. Avoid alcohol based products to avoid drying out your investment.
14. Curly hair can be high maintenance at times. You must make time for this hair or it will not be manageable. Condition up to 3 times weekly or when dry.
15. Apply shampoo only once a month. We recommend a leave in conditioner, for a natural curl look.
Daily Care - always keep hair moisturized. Sleep with a silk bonnet and braid hair at night or use Flexy Rods.
All virgin hair types have natural movement and should have minimal shedding and tangling. Virgin hair is hair that has never been processed or treated with ANY kind of chemicals. The hair is in its natural state with its cuticles running in the same direction and in tact. You can bleach, dye and process Virgin hair just as you would your own. Each texture can be processed in wavy, straight or curly. No two bundles of Virgin hair are alike. You will find a few strands may be lighter or darker than the rest of the weft. With virgin Hair you will notice colors are not even throughout the bulk. This is normal and typical of hair from a sunny country where hair lightens with exposure to the sun. Since the hair is virgin, each bundle will have a different texture, pattern and hair color. We will strive to send you hair that matches as closely as possible.
Remy hair is hair that has all the cuticles running in the same direction. Remy hair differs from Virgin hair mainly in that it has been CHEMICALLY processed for color or texture, but the cuticle still remains in tact so the hair will not tangle. It's the most versatile and readily available on the market. The hair's density is very fine. It's naturally airy, light and bouncy and can easily be curled and styled.
Indian hair moves effortlessly with minimal products. It also blends well with most hair textures. This hair texture can be found ranging from silky to lightly coarse. This hair will swell and become frizzy in humid weather and in foggy conditions. Anti-frizz products are highly suggested.
Brazilian Hair - Brazilian hair is one of the most beautiful types of hair around. It is known for its full body, beautiful bounce, texture and versatility. This hair is used diversely because of its softness, durability and density (thickness). This texture is easiest to blend with most ethnicities from some Caucasian textures to African American relaxed textures. This hair has a shiny appearance, feel and density. Because of its density, it is less likely to frizz than other hair types like Malaysian or Indian Hair. It is available in wavy, straight or curly and more. The straight textures are not bone straight but tend to have some light waves in it. This hair holds curls very well. Brazilian hair is extremely luxurious and very soft with a lot of body and natural shine. Its luster is low to medium. This type of hair is usually soft and smooth. It lasts for as long as you take good care of it and is good for all hairstyles. It holds curls beautifully and curls when wet.
Malaysian Hair - Malaysian hair at first can appear excessively shiny but after the first 2/3 washes the shine lessens considerably to take on a more natural appearance. It’s heavier, thicker and fuller than Indian hair. Curls will not loosen or drop with time but maintain their form for the entire day. No product is required to maintain the curl. African American relaxed hair blends very well with Malaysian hair. Avoid using too much oil spray on the hair as it will make the hair very shiny and appear 'wiggy'. If you want volume and thickness, Malaysian hair is your best option. It gives great bounce and heavy body. Due to its fullness, it can have a tendency to be dry if proper care isn’t taken. We recommend that sufficient moisture in the form of good leave-in conditioner be used after the second re-use of the hair. It does not swell or frizz in humid conditions making it low maintenance. This hair is amazing-you will love it!
Indian Hair - Indian hair is very beautiful and can be blend with many hair types. Indian hair is very versatile and can be worn with natural light waves when allowed to air dry. It can be worn bone straight when flat ironed with medium heat. Indian hair moves effortlessly with minimal products. It also blends well with most hair textures. This hair texture can be found ranging from silky to lightly coarse. This hair will swell and become frizzy in humid weather and in foggy conditions. Anti-frizz products are highly suggested. Indian Hair has a thick soft texture much similar to African American natural hair. It’s very full looking and is very versatile in styling and can hold curls very well.
Serious Hair Salon
1461B Story Avenue
Bronx, New York, 10473
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - 12pm - 6pm
Wednesday - Thursday 11am - 6pm
Friday - Saturday 11am - 8pm
Sunday - 12pm - 5pm
Site Designed by Graphical Solutions, LLC
© Copyright 2015 Serious Hair Game